Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sleep shifting... kind of...

I'm writing this post at 5:07 a.m. Why?!?! Because I'm pseudo sleep shifting for a night. On console, we call the 11 p.m. til 7 a.m. shift Orbit 1, and it's a quiet shift on console. Which is why I want to OJT (on-the-job train) on an O1... lots of time to ask questions and talk to the ADCO without getting in the way.

In order to pseudo sleep shift, I went to bed at 8 p.m. yesterday. Weird. And then I forced myself to get up at 4:15 a.m. today. My hope is that I'll be able to sleep from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. and then get up, shower, and go to work. 6 hours doesn't sound too bad, right? The cool thing (and the hard thing) is that you try to stay up all day on Thursday. So I'll get off work around 8 a.m., and then I have to stay awake the rest of the day. Which means I can do a lot of errands and stuff during the day. It's so great. I'm making a list of everything I want to get done... buy stamps and a can opener, take all my recyclables to Ellington Field, put together my desk chair (still in its box), do laundry, vacuum, and Dance Jam!

It's a little rough (like I am so tired right now), but it will work. And then Training Academy starts next week and the ball gets rolling. Looking forward to work picking up and moving towards my cert.

Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment